Tuesday 6 November 2012

Smitten Kitchen Book Launch Tour

November 2012

SmartCooks here. Facebook seems to want to delete text soooo.... I'm reverting to the blog.  

Although I’m so work-occupied these days ;), I retained enough memory to pre-order an advance copy of the Smitten Kitchen Cookbook, which arrived this week and perked up my day. It's a sturdy book with its 105-plus recipes, 85 of them vegetarian, and 300+ full- colour photos.

It’s the long-awaited cookbook from the first food blogger I found when I started the SmartCooks blog. Smitten Kitchen author Deb Perelman has been blogging her kitchen creations for the past four years from a tiny New York kitchen. The recipes on the blog, and now in the cookbook, are based on seasonal produce from her local farmer's market, and come complete with her signature style of photographing food. 

Her writing style is witty and engaging – each one of her entries leads to hundreds of enthusiastic comments from her loyal followers, myself included. 

Her book launch tour was delayed due to Superstorm Sandy and lack of power in her home! But she has two gigs in Vancouver (Nov 6 and 7), with one on CBC already sold out. She will be in Toronto on November 16 at the George Brown Chef School and it too is nearly sold out! 

I bought my copy of the Smitten Kitchen Cookbook from Amazon.ca and am prepping a Sunday night dinner of mushroom bourguignon, (http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2009/01/mushroom-bourguignon), a worthy choice after Husband and I brave the cold and rake up the oodles of bags of soggy leaves. Enjoy!


And update:  Leftovers!  Am watching the results of the U.S. Presidential election, a nail biter, and eating leftovers.   Yumm.'


No comments:

Post a Comment