I've been trying out the blog again after abandoning it for awhile. I find Facebook much easier to upload pictures and stories. I rediscovered SmartCooks this week and, lo and behold, they have made it easier to upload pictures and text.
So I'm back to using it as a recipe file, mostly for me to remember what was good etc. I troll other foodie websites and often use their recipes and pix but will always give credit when doing so. Things I do myself, I will also indicate!
Anyway, Saturday night was cold -- again! -- so Himself and I heated up the kitchen and TV room making peanut butter cookies (yummy) and a recipe from Kevin's Closet Cooking called Thai Peanut Chicken Saute with Red Curry. I left out the peas (not a fan!) and didn't have any cilantro. But it was delicious, not hot, just hit the spot. Served it over brown rice and voila.
Then it was time to crank up Episode 4 of Wentworth -- Australia's version of Orange is the New Black. We're catching onto the Aussie accent but at times it's a stretch. The series, though, is gripping.
Thai Peanut Chicken Saute
(adapted slightly from Kevin's Closet Cooking, a Canadian food blogger)
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes Servings: 4
A quick and easy, one-pan Thai peanut chicken dish that is just packed with flavour!
- 1 T coconut oil
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless and boneless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 T red curry paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can lite coconut milk
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 T fish sauce
- 2 T lime juice
- 2 T brown sugar
- 1 T chili sauce such as sriracha (or to taste, heaping was fine!)
- 1 cup peas (optional, I left out)
- 2 T cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup crushed salted peanuts to sprinkle
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat, season the chicken with salt and pepper, add the chicken to the pan and cook until lightly golden brown on both sides and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side, before setting aside.
- Add the pepper to the pan and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the red curry paste to the pan and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the coconut milk. peanut butter, fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and chili sauce and cook, stirring, until the peanut butter has melted.
- Add the chicken, peas and cilantro, remove from heat and serve over brown rice or noodles
- Sprinkle liberally with crushed peanuts